One Last Chance – training about conflict resolution
One Last Chance is a training course that was developed in cooperation between trainers from Ha Moment and trainer Joakim Arnoy from Narviksenteret. Main inspiration and tool for this training was the board game based experience Mission Z that was developed upon the ending of the KA 2 Strategic Partnership “Borderline Boardgames. Mission Z challenges us to better understand conflict, its causes, and how to manage and transform it. And it does so in a safe and controlled environment of conflict. Using ‘Mission Z’ as a point of reference for the rest of the programme – including for conflict analysis mapping, remembrance education and non-violent communication – the training supports the development of key competences, such as communication, empathy, mediation, interculturality, inclusion and personal transformation. See the teaser.
One Last Chance team effectively implemented this training already in Portugal, Poland, Norway, Lithuania, The Netherlands and Cyprus. Take a look on some participants testimonials right here.
The objectives of the project are:
- Improve youth workers’ skills with practical tools and experiential non-formal activities on conflict, conflict management, resolution, transformation prejudice and stereotypes
- Develop competences of empathy and non-violent communication as a skill linked to positive conflict transformation;
- Enhance youth workers attitude in transforming conflict situations into learning opportunities; s;
- Improve youth work quality and enhance the role of youth workers and NGOs as social facilitators spreading European values and a culture of peace
- Promote heightened recognition of the educational value of NFE activities for building a more aware and understanding Europe
Team of One Last Chance currently works on the further promotion of this project and is open to host it in different places in order of strengthening the impact and reaching bigger groups of interest.
If you want to be the next participant, partner or a host please do contact firstname.lastname@example.org